So I’m in this weird and lovely journey – I’m co-founder of a startup.
It’s also a scary journey. An overwhelming journey. And a journey full of dragons.
Well, maybe not dragons. But sometimes it seems that way.
Back in March of this year I found a fabulous business-minded business partner. Little Brother and I added her to the That’s Math team. Together, with her as the wind beneath our wings, we’ve:
- Formed the LLC (like officially!)
- Filled out the application to Houston Technology Center and got pre-approved
- Applied to NewSchools incubator
- Applied to Pipeline Angels pitch competition
- Applied to Houston Venture Forum pitch competition
- Submitted a proposal to the Houston ISD FACE RFP (Family And Community Engagement) – and won!
- Submitted a quote to Klein ISD – and lost
- Submitted a quote to Spring Branch ISD – and are on hold
- Created three videos (one of them pretty good)
- Did a pilot with Westwood Elementary
- Got 15 parents enrolled and paying!
At this point I’m going to jump in here every now and then to update our wins as well as post my thoughts and feelings.
It’s fun. It’s scary. It’s real!